This was inspired by my mother-in-law. We were at her birthday party the other day and she served – among other yummy things -a frittata with spinach. It was delicious, and the kids couldn’t get enough of it. Today I decide to make a meal out of it and added some potatoes.
Here is how I made mine:
(For 4 people)
- 2 medium onions (yellow, red…whatever you like), chopped.
- 2 big potatoes, thinly sliced (It had to go quick today, so I pre-boiled the potatoes then sliced them).
- Whole leaf spinach (I used one 450 g bag of frozen spinach, thawed)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- 8 eggs, beaten.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Now that I think of it, some crumbled feta would have gone very nicely with this.
– Soften the onions in some olive oil.
– Add the sliced potatoes. Until done, if they are raw.
– Press all the liquid out of the spinach and add to the pan.
– Add the chopped garlic.
– Make sure everything is evenly spread in the pan.
– Add the egges, beaten with some salt and pepper.
– Cook on a gentle heat until eggs are set. (As this was a rather large portion, and it was difficult to turn the fritatta to cook on the other side, I chose to cover it to let the top cook by the steam. If I had more time, I would have probably cooked it in the oven. 160 -180 degrees C, about 20 minutes?)