This came to me as last minute inspiration. I had frozen red snapper filets, frozen spinach and soy cream and we had to eat 🙂
– 3 to 4 big potatoes
– 5 to 6 cups frozen spinach (or even better, equivalent in fresh)
– 1 big onion
– 2 to 3 cloves garlic
– Enough broth to cover potatoes while cooking
– Fish filets (enough for 4)
– 0,25 liters soy cream (this can probably be left out. Then just use more broth and a little bit more flour for thickening).
– ½ tablespoon flour dilutes in ½ cup water for thickening
Peel and slice potatoes thinly.
Cook them in the broth until tender.
You can add pepper and nutmeg in the broth already here.
Take them up with a slotted spoon and spread in an oven dish.
Cover with a thin layer of breadcrumbs.
Peel the onion, cut it in half and slice.
Peel the garlic and slice them
Add the onion and garlic to the broth the potato has cooked in.
Take them up after one minute and spread on the potatoes
Defrost the spinach, press the water out of it and spread on top of the potatoes and onions.
Place the fish filets on top of the vegetables in the oven dish.
Add some cream to the broth if desired,thicken with the flour solution salt to taste if needed and pour on top of the fish.
Cover with another thin layer of breadcrums and cook in the over on high – medium high until the fish is done.
Serve with brown rice.