There are many recipes I make with chicken filets, and the common denominator with all of them is that they are quick and easy.
The following one is with my favorite flavors, fresh coriander, garlic and lemon.
350-500 g of chicken fillets
4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped.
Juice of one lemon
1 Tbsp cornstarch
– Slice the chicken in bite-size strips.
– Fry them in some olive oil.
– Remove to chicken from the pan when done and keep it warm aside.
– Mix the chopped garlic and cilantro and add them to the pan. Cook over medium to low heat for a few minutes. Don’t let the garlic burn. When it’s close to having enough, it will smell quite heavenly.
– Add the chicken back to the pan.
– Sprinkle with the cornstarch and mix well.
– Add the lemon juice, stirring constantly. The mixture will bubble. (if you don’t like it too lemony, you could add only half the juice)
– Add the broth, stirring constantly. Add enough broth to cover the chicken, about 1 to 1½ cups.
– Cook a few minutes, stirring, and bring to the boil.
-Voilà. Serve with rice and some green salad.
The same procedure can be used with parsley instead of the cilantro.